- can i install 3 gb of ram when apple says 2 gb is the max allowed?
- is it possible to have a backlit keyboard on an A1181 2.0 ghz core duo?
- When I press the power button I get three beeps and nothing else. What is wrong?
- I have a PowerBook G4 667 mhz DVI 15 inch with a bad logic board. Can I replace it with a 800 mhz DVI 15 inch logic board? ar...
- did you download an apple app. that is needed to go from a "g" card to an "n" card? i've had no problems after doing the same conversion and getting that specific upgrade app. through apple.
- I hope you have luck with the G4FanControl. I used it just fine on a 1.67ghz Alum. PowerBook G4, won't work on any DVI, or ANY Titanium model I know of. I've seen other complaints about Fabrizi's "G4FanControl" not working on Titanium models. For that matter, her official site has complaints, just read ALL the testimonials.
- Are you sure it's the trackpad? Have you ruled out the ribbon cable? Sometimes just re-routing it from under the hard drive enclosure casing to up and over the enclosure casing can correct trackpad problems. Have you tried that &/or replacing the cable with a known good one? A bad pram battery can cause erratic trackpad action as well as an overheating logic board. Is your laptop fan(s) working ok? You can download iStat Pro to check your working temperature. There is NO software to control the DVI's fan speeds, but you can check it's temp.
- I'm using a 667mhz dvi PB with an 867mhz board installed. Works fine, even put in a superdrive from a 1ghz model. I'm not even sure which display I'm using. As long as they're the PowerBook G4 Titanium DVI 667mhz, 800mhz. 867mhz, or 1000mhz, REPEAT! DVI! models! Not the 667mhz VGA or the 1ghz Aluminum models, they're pretty much interchangeable
. Some have a bluetooth module (1ghz), others don't. The screen resolution changes some between them, also. So, generally speaking, the parts are interchangeable , just not ALL. Do your homework.
- is the new battery an after-market one? they are known to cause problems, most notably sudden shut downs. charging can also be an issue with non-apple batteries.
- Apple specs call for a PPC G4 667 mhz processor or better and 1 gb ram as min. req. it will take about 9 gb hdd space, more like 12 gb when avail. extras are added
- check e-bay. i bought an Hitachi 80 gb, 7200 rpm recently for $80 which included shipping. they also offer larger (100 gb?-120gb?) for slightly more. works just fine