- What's the max hardisk capacity for Mac mini Model A1347 (mid2010) I am using 500GB and want to increase a larger one.
- Where is the right place to attach back the HDD thermal sensor after a new HDD replacement.
- Is there a way to install full Mac 10.6 and ilife'09 from the installation disk of mac mini and target disk mode to an imac e...
- Main hardisk cannot mount, pass disk utility with no errors or problems, but stuck during the Disk Warrior and says hardisk c...
- HI, What's the maximum upgrade for iMac G5/1.8 20-Inch? - OS - RAM - HDD And anything else. Thanks.
- I have a brand new mac mini 2010 just open from the box and cannot connect to internet or connecting to another mac with ethe...
- The machine was working fine, then the screen appears something like a closing curtain with faded colour from top to bottom. ...
- How can i transfer everything from the iPod to a new mac. I mean, how can the iPod recognise my new mac as its main device?
- Tried to follow the instructions from here on how to replace the hdd, then it never wake up again. I am having a pismo with 1...
- Would like to know what's the full power of iMac G5 20" Model A1076, where its limit?
Page 1 of 2
- According to everymac.com your mac mini is possible to upgrade to 10.5 Please check http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ma...
- I have a pismo and did exactly the same as what you are doing at the moment. Try to split the partition in another computer, i mean try to pull out the HD, and insert it in another computer capable of reading more than 128GB hardisk and do the partition. Another way to do it if you don't have another spare computer, use some kind of connector, which connects your HD in a firewire cable. Then try to split at least to 2 partitions. For myself, i think i partition 1 in 110GB and the other around 40 something GB. For more you can check it at http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/7609/... Good luck
- Probably need to reset the PRAM.
- Try to upgrade it to 10.4 Tiger, because if using OS 9, lots of things is limited. Cannot open most of the websites and videos. I have a pismo and is running OS 10.4.11. I can use either SAFARI and FIREFOX.
- The technician from my town says PACCOM is a good brand and is compatible with MAC. All my extra rams are from this brand.
- Thank you everyone who has contributed your knowledge to help me sorted out my problem. After having lots of different kind of experimentation
, from plug/unplug the PRAM, replace and insert back the battery and optical drive, pressing the power buttom lots of times, pressing the reset buttom, the list goes on. Finally, today after work, I decided to bring out some courage and press hardly the board where the RAM is. After inserted hardly, try to pull out, as i remembered, when i pull the RAM out last time, it was quite difficult. After putting it back, inserted the battery back and finally heard the sounds of the machine. Press the power buttom, and "bong" the pretty sound of MAC comes out!!! I miss the sound!!! Just to let you know my current situation, i am running a MAC OS 10.4.11 (the latest i can use at PISMO), with 384 RAM and a 160GB Harddisk, since the maximum capacity of my PISMO supports is only 128GB, before i install the OS, i split it into two drives. One with 110GB and the rest as an ordinary ba...
- It works OS X (first edition) on my PowerBook (G3) internal HD. And if mount on a firewire external HD, it works with a OS X Panther (10.3) Will have a try for OS 10.4 Tiger in the next few weeks.
- The problem is solved, what i did was to boot with single mode (command+s) and follow the instructions below from NUMBER 6 Reset certain privileges in Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier) at http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1411?viewl... 1. Start up the computer in Single-User Mode. 2. Check the volume with fsck. 3. Type: mount -uw / 4. Press Return. 5. Type: chmod 1775 / 6. Press Return. 7. Type: reboot 8. Press Return.
- I finally did it already! I have migrate a newer 10.3.9 (that's what i've got) to the firewire external hard disk, since my internal HD is dead. It is about 12hrs since migration and it still works fine. Can anyone recommned what external HD works best and stable for an OS X? Is it better to have power supply? thank you!