- Dell calls them System Boards as well... -- N
- Is Windows set to restart every time there's a crash so you don't see a blue screen of death??? You can check by following the steps outlined here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks... -- N
- Can you give more details about what exactly isn't working? What steps are you taking and where are things breaking down?
- Has your MBP ever had any liquid spilled on it?
- With the hold switch off, hold down the select (center) and menu buttons at the same time for several seconds. You'll see the Apple logo when it's resetting!
- Have you run something like iStat Pro to monitor fan speeds and reported system temperatures? Does your MBP shut off after a period of time?
- Are you running Snow Leopard? It happened to me once as well not long after I did a clean install of Snow Leopard on my C2D Macbook. A reboot fixed it for me. There's a thread about people having the same problem and some of them have had to reset the SMC/PRAM to get Bluetooth back: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa...
- Try re-seating your RAM and see if that helps. I had the same symptom (front light on and nothing else) when I first upgraded my RAM. The problem went away when I re-seated the RAM. I actually had my logic board fail on my C2D Mini about 10 months after I purchased it and when that happened, nothing would come on. No lights...nothin
g! I was hoping it was just the power brick, but it ended up being the logic board.