Screen went from having a single neon blue line running vertical down it, to simply having no picture at all.
Following the instructions everything took less than 45 minutes to do. Unfortunately for me when I reassembled I got picture, but no backlight. When taking it apart for the second time; when unplugging the Disply converter cable from the I/O board, the spudger ended up breaking off the connector. So I've ordered a new I/O board, as well as display convertor in hopes to fix it all for the last time.
Careful removing the display convertor cable, as I mentioned above. I'm going to be using a small needle nose this next time around.