Repairing Motorola Droid Bionic Screen with digitizer
This guide is a work in progress. Reload periodically to see the latest changes!
An awesome member of our community made this guide. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
Replacing the screen glass and digitizer with a new one. This repair is useful for cracked or broken glass where the LCD screen below it is not damaged.
- Author: paulasp
- Difficulty: Moderate
1. Open Case
2. Remove Battery, SD Card, SIM Card
3. Remove 11 screws around perimeter
4. Peel back sticker from below battery
5. Remove back of phone
6. Remove SIM board from mother board
7. Disconnect three ribbon cables
8. Separate mother board from screen assembly
9. Remove LCD display from screen assembly
10. Separate glass/digitizer from top frame
11. Replace glass/digitizer and re-assemble
Embed this guide
With the HTML code below, you can embed this guide as a small widget on your website.
Peel back label half way, far enough to expose shields from the motherboard.
There also is a white barcode sticker that will keep the back from coming off.
The spudger tool works great for lifting the edge of the stickers to get a finger hold.
The labels can be easily lifted and replaced without damage.
Page 1 of 2