Acer Aspire One ZG5 Hard Drive Replacement
An awesome student from our education program made this guide. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
Embrace your inner English teacher and help improve this guide's grammar!
Some of this guide's text is confusing, duplicated, or off-topic. Clarify it by editing!
This guide needs better markups. Help out by correcting or making some markup annotations.
This guide will show you how to install a new hard drive.
- Author: Doug Gallatin
- Time required: 22 minutes
- Difficulty: Moderate
After getting the motherboard out, it is easy to get to the hard drive.
Embed this guide
With the HTML code below, you can embed this guide as a small widget on your website.
- Battery 3 steps
- Wireless Card 5 steps
- Keyboard 4 steps
- Top Case 6 steps
- Internal Wireless Card 3 steps
- Motherboard 6 steps
- Hard Drive 6 steps
ToolsBuy these parts and tools
- 1 TB SSD Hybrid 2.5" Hard Drive, Upgrade Kit This kit contains the drive and all tools needed.
- 500 GB SSD Hybrid 2.5" Hard Drive, Upgrade Kit This kit contains the part and all tools needed.
- 256 GB Solid State Drive, Upgrade Kit This kit contains the drive and all tools needed.
- 128 GB Solid State Drive, Upgrade Kit This kit contains the part and all tools needed.
Remove three 3.9 screws from the netbook with the Phillips #1 screwdriver. Remove the rest of the five screws from the netbook with the Phillips #0 screwdriver
Three 5.8mm screw towards the bottom
Three 3.9mm screw where the battery was
Two 5.8mm screws underneath the rear feet near the hinges.