Page 1 of 1

ipod classic 80GB Locked

Flag Reply by jeff100

My ipod classic 80gb is locked and will not unlock. I have done three full restores and tried all published keypad inputs. There seems to be no response to the keypad inputs at all. Itunes says its fine.

Flag Reply reply by Crisb

Hi,

as far as i understood, your iPod is locked and does not unlock.

Seems to me like the hold switch is stuck in the locked position.

First i would try a hard reset, by pressing the "menu" and "previous" button simultaneously until the screen wents black and after that the Apple Logo appears.

If that doesn't works, i would open the iPod as described in the "Repair" section and try to start the iPod with the ribbon cable of the hold switch and headphone jack being diconnected. If its working "normaly" without the cable being connected,i would suggest to buy a new hold switch / headphone jack.

Flag Reply reply by jeff100

ALL keypad inputs are ignored...that means pressing ANY key or combination has NO effect...will try the open and ribbon disconnect.

bought an replaced the hold/headphone cable and switch and the problem is the same...what next?

Hi,

there is something missing in between. What happened with the cable of the hold/headphone being disconnected? Is there a lock shown in the display?

yes, with the headphone/hold cable disconnected the lock symbol is still showing.

Hi,

i just made a test. When i unplug the hold/headphone cable and turn on the iPod, there is no lock symbol showing.

So there has to be another problem. As you already restored the iPod several times, i think the main board is damaged. But to be honest, i never heard of a problem like yours before.

Flag Reply reply by ericjboyd

I have a 60GB fifth gen w/ video.

Also replaced the bought and replaced the hold/headphone cable and switch and it is still locked. When I boot into diagnostic mode, it detects the headphone and switch. iPod works fine when plugged into the computer via usb (although it still shows locked).

If I boot it up without the hold/headphone cable connected, it still shows up locked.

Flag Reply reply by April

My daughter won a ipod classic from the school and she never got to use it due to us having no computer and I sold it on our local trading post the ppl who bought it says it will not come on and the web site said it is locked and it has never been used will not even come on they are upset is there anyway to fix the ipod I would have talked to the school and see if they had the record where they bought it but we have had it for awhile would it have locked due to not using it after it was bought please help

Flag Reply reply by mackenzie

i dropped my ipod classic 80 g, and it seems to also be stuck on the lock button, if i plug in it seems to be working fine, thoug still stuck on the lock button, i tried taking the hold button off, but still no luck, any answers/

Flag Reply reply by Daniele

i need help unlocking my ipod classic 80GB because my cousin changed my lock code and don't remember it what can i do to get it un locked??

Flag Reply reply by varin11

Open the ipod and disconnect the battery and reconnect it after 10 sec and it should be fine.Refer to the instruction to ope the ipod carefully.

Flag Reply reply by joe kirby

my 80gb ipod classic, it has a lock combination on it, and so when im putting my combination it seems like its letting me get in. Do you have any idea how to reset the combination.

Flag Reply reply by joe kirby

Quote from joe kirby:

my 80gb ipod classic, it has a lock combination on it, and so when im putting my combination it seems like its not letting me get in. Do you have any idea how to reset the combination.

Page 1 of 1

Reply to: ipod classic 80GB Locked