These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification ¶
The iPhone 5c is a touchscreen-based smartphone developed by Apple Inc. It is one of two successors to the iPhone 5, along with its higher-end counterpart, the iPhone 5s.
Apple held an event to formally introduce the iPhone 5c and 5s on September 10, 2013. The iPhone 5c runs on the latest iteration of the iOS operating system, iOS 7, which was announced at the company's Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2013.
Announce date: September 10, 2013
Developer: Apple Inc.
Operating System: iOS 7
Display (Retina Display):
- 4 in (102 mm)
- Multitouch widescreen
- 640 x 1136 pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 800:1 contrast ratio
- LED backlit IPS TFT LCD
- Fingerprint resistant oleophobic coating on front
Camera: Contains both front and rear facing cameras.
- Front Camera
- Portrait photos at 1.2 MP
- VGA (720p) at 30fps
- Support for FaceTime over cellular wireless
- Rear Camera
- 8 MP
- HD Video (1080p) at 30fps
- LED Flash
- IR filter
- 5 element lens
- Facial recognition / image stabilization
- Panorama photo
- Photo while recording video
Processor: Apple A6
Storage: 16, 32 GB Flash Memory
- Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n (Dual band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Digital Compass
- GPS and GLONASS signal reception
- GSM, CDMA, 3G, EVDO, HSPA+, LTE
Dimensions: 4.9 " x 2.33" x 0.35" (124.4 mm x 59.2 mm x 8.97 mm)
Weight: 4.65 oz (132 g)