These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Identification and Background ¶
The slimmer-than-slim PlayStation 3 was released at the end of September 2012, as the third iteration of the third generation of PlayStation. Featuring many of the same features as previous models of PS3, the most notable change in the Super Slim is the exchange of the auto-loading disk tray to a top-loading sliding disk compartment.
- Size and Weight:
- 11.4 x 9.05 x 2.36 inches
- 4.6 lbs
- HD 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i output
- LPCM 7.1ch surround sound, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC
- Cell Broadband Engine™
- RSX® GPU
- 256MB XDR Main RAM and 256MB GDDR3 VRAM
- Available with 12 (flash memory), 250, or 500 GB internal storage
- Ports: 2 x USB 2.0, Ethernet, HDMI, optical out, A/V multi out