Common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Identification and Background ¶
The MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 Unibody was released in June of 2012.
Use the laptop identification system to help you identify your machine. MacBooks tend to look very similar, and it's important to know which machine you have before ordering any replacement parts.
Technical Specs ¶
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy or optional antiglare widescreen display with support for millions of colors.
- 500 GB or 750 GB 5400-rpm, hard drive
- Configureable to: 750GB 7200-rpm hard drive, 1TB 5400-rpm hard drive, 128GB solid-state drive, 256GB solid-state drive, or 512GB solid-state drive
- 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 with 3 MB on-chip L3 cache or 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 Ivy Bridge with 4 MB on-chip L3 cache (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz)
- 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
Wireless Connectivity: ¶
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;3 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Graphics and Video: ¶
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 with DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Built-in 63.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- Two USB 3.0 ports
- Thunderbolt port
- MagSafe power port
- SD/SDXC card slot
- FireWire 800 port
- Audio line in/out
- Kensington lock slot
- Height: 0.71 inch (1.8 cm)
- Width: 14.13 inches (35.9 cm)
- Depth: 9.73 inches (24.7 cm)
- Weight: 4.46 pounds (2.02 kg)
Additional Links ¶
Apple's Specs Page