Common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
For simple instructions for common solutions go here to our HP Photosmart c4780 All-In-One Printer Troubleshooting Guide.
Identification and Background ¶
The Photosmart C4780 All-in-One printer is a relatively compact printer, weighing in at just over 10 lbs. Its modern design integrates a mixture of matte and glossy blacks on the casing with HP logos on the outside of the flip up tray and the top of the scanner lid.
- 1.45" screen with touchsmart frame
- Flatbed scanner
- Uses 60/60XL ink(I recommend XL because the standard black only has a partial sponge and the color is the same with 3 sponges and they both aren't filled fully)
- Holds up to 80 or 100 sheets of paper
- PC/Mac support
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, USB 2.0
- Works with MS/DUO and SD/XD/MMC memory cards for direct photo printing with or without a PC
- Can scan directly to memory cards
- Energy Star qualified
This printer became increasingly popular when Apple had a deal where a college student could receive this printer free with a purchase of a MacBook Pro. Unsure whether this is your printer? You can double check by locating the model number: HP Photosmart C4780.