Battery draining after water damage repair. ( Power IC and Battery )
I had water damaged my iphone 4s. The camera LED flast was always on and not turning of even when the phone was switched off. It was on for 2 days with the light dimming as time passed and then wend off. I could not open it as I did not have the tool kit. The phone turned on but used to automatically reboot after 3 to 5 minutes and used to never charge draining the battery. after purchacing the tool kit I opened it up and noticed that my battery connector had turned black and white. I cleant it and replaced my battery. After that my phone worked fine till 2 days. the second night when I kept it for charging it did not turn on the next day. It only turned on when plugged in for charging and would turn off when removed. I tried replacing the battery again but no use. I then took it to a apple unauthorised service centre and they said that my power Ic is spoilt and they replaced it with a intel ic for me.
This solved the problem
After that my phone is heating up when its used and battery draining very fast.
What can be the problem? Please help
Anish, the draining fast and heating up is usually caused by a short circuit. One of the issue that you are running into, is the replacement of the charging IC. Double check the work that was done by the repair shop. Make sure that you have a compatible IC on your board, make sure that all other components are properly attached to the board and make sure that the board is cleaned. Otherwise you will run into corrosion issues, and you also want to make sure that your battery is the right one and that it is working properly. You may have to change it again. Hope this helps, good luck.
I work at a cellphone repair shop as well and I can tell you that A4 IC is not only a massive matrix of solder balls underneath it, it is even more difficult to replace due to the black compound that apple encases this IC with to secure it from moisture damage. If somehow a short circuit has damaged this IC, it is not likely that they will be successful replacing it. I mean, personally, I wouldnt try it..