Multiple problems after LCD replacement
This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.
Hello. I've recently replaced the LCD on my unibody MBP 17'' 2009. It's the second time I had to do this and the last time there were no problems.
I followed the guide on iFixit.
- OSX will not boot on any medium (disc, dvd (L, SL, Lion) and USB)
- Boots while connected to A/C
- After successful boot (while on AC), if I unplug the cord, either it freezes or the airport card stops working (connection becomes limited, then no networks are found - plugging back to AC doesn't solve anything)
- When booting without being plugged (on batt) it hangs past the windows boot logo. Sometimes it goes up until the point when the mouse pointer show up.
- Boots and Installs.
I have tried reseting the SMC, PRAM.
When I try to boot OSXin verbose or safe mode the boot process stops at either
- Broadcom (etc) - wireless card line.
At one time I got the following error report:
(pictures are a bit shaky, sorry I haven't been able to get to this screen again w a better camera)
I'm thinking it's either an EFI problem or something to do with power management. I don't believe I've gone near any of those components (except for unplugging the Display cable near the magsafe port...)