iPod touch stuck in recovery mode even after restore.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can point me in the right direction for this issue.
I have an iPod touch (4th Gen) that has a completely blank (dark) screen. Connecting the device to my computer, I do hear the alert from the iPod to tell me a device is connected, and then iTunes notifies me it recognizes the iPod is in recovery mode and needs to be restored.
What I've tried:
- Resetting. held sleep/wake and home button wile connected to power. nothing happens
- Restoring in iTunes. Restore appears to complete. (no error messages)
- DFU mode restore
As soon as restore completes, iTunes gives me the same message about detecting ipod in recovery mode.
Anything else I can try before cracking this thing open? Even then I still wouldn't know what to look for hardware-wise to fix.
DFU mode stands for DeviceFirmwareU
1. Turn off your iPod touch.
2. Connect your iPod to the computer.
3. Hold the power and home button, when the Apple logo pops up stop holding the power button but still hold the home button.
4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.
Hope it can do you a favor.