0

David James
171

Backlight doesnt work and weird screen dismissal

Okay now here is my problems :(

the back light seems to of DIED and my phone is extremely faint, tried fiddling with the brightness continously and it did not work.

Also when I press at the top of the screen the screen cuts off (when I touch the cable area)

but it also looks like the screen isnt in properly. at the top of the screen you can see it slightly over lapping the metal i'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that but it looks odd

I should probably add it only messed up after I refitted the screen. I've been messing around with it for a while trying to fix the power button, is it possible I damaged the connector?

Anybody got any advice?

does anyone think its a problem with the digitizer why the light wont appear?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , David James ( )

but it's the back light which I believe is located on the logic board? I checked the cables for the display and they are all fine. all connected perfectly

David James,

which way should i place the screen back in? starting at the top or the bottom?

David James,

0

Jake Devincenzi
46k

Hey David James,

I would first recommend using this guide to check and make sure that your display is installed properly. Open it up, clean the connections, check the cables, and see if everything looks right. Then put it back together and test it out. If that still doesn't do the trick, you may need to replace the display assembly. Check it out before purchasing anything and see what you can figure out!

Hope this helps. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

iPhone 3GS Display Assembly

Includes touchscreen glass, integrated digitizer, LCD, ear piece speaker and home button. Replace a broken, cracked, or shattered iPhone 3GS display with this assembly. Compatible with all iPhone 3GS models. — 4 available at 69.95 each.

David James,