0

Rizwan Ahmed
1

Why is my screen black but my iPhone on and functioning?

basically my iphone screen went completely black after i had changed to a brand new lcd screen and digitiser after i hooked everything up i tried to turn on my iphone but the screen remained dark i thought it wasn't turning on at first so i thought it needed some charge or something so i plugged it in to my wall charger and surprisingly the charge sound played and i was able to receive text messages and calls fine but couldn't answer any of these as the screen was completely blacked out. then i thought it might the new screen and digitiser so put the old one back on (which worked fine before) but the screen remained black. then i connected it to itunes and itunes picked up it up normally so i tried to restore it since itunes could recognise it but still after the restore i chose setup as new iphone but the screen was still blacked out so it can't be software issues im guessing it is hardware.

i tried doing and hard reset and waiting for the apple logo but still nothing just remained black it turns on but it remains black. and also when i press the sleep/power button twice the screen flashes gray for about half a second then just remains black. any solutions to this or at least an explanation

0

UHNATHAN
1

i have same problem

0

bridget
1

I dropped my iphone4 last night. same thing-can hear alerts but screen is black. not even a shadow of an image.

0

taurus bunkley
1

same thing with my phone

how can you fix it without paying

0

Amanda
1

Hold the lock button (silver at the top) and the home button (round button with square on it) for 10 seconds and the apple logo should show up on the black screen.

0

Steve
1

Hey guys,

I have that same problem but I am aware of how it happened. I was replacing the battery and you have to carefully take off cable 1, 2 and flip up the switch on cable 3 to remove the whole LCD screen. I used a little too much force on cable 1 and snagged the soldering. It's very weak so use care and caution.

Purchasing a new screen will fix the issue (ebay, black or white, £20 or less), or if the snagged soldering connects up again (think about earphone wires back in the day) it might work. And also remember to take the cables out in order, no idea why it works it just does.

Edited by: Steve ( )

0

eman05
547

It sounds like you blew the black light filter on your device. This is a very difficult repair for most people. You will need to take it to a shop that can handle the repair.

-1

Gabe

Since you tried to swap the display with your old one and the issue is still present, you may have nicked something when you replaced the screen on the logic board. Did you pull to hard when you took the display out? Did the old display work before you took it out? If it worked before, there may be some damage done to the logic board.

the screen did work before i did the replacement and im not to sure if i did damage the motherboard so ill let the motherboard stay apart from the battery and everything else for a few hours ill see if that does anything to it

Rizwan Ahmed,

ok i figured something else out it wasn't that the iphone screen was blacked out it was the backlight it seems to be dead or something i can just faintly see whats on the screen when i look hard enough, so i'm guessing the backlight is dead but the one thing im confused about is after searching all over google about this, it turns out that you get problems like this if you drop your iPhone in any water or make contact with liquid, all i have done is done a lcd+digitiser replacement, so why do i have this problem???

Rizwan Ahmed,