Are you able to restore my iPhone 4?
I have tried almost everything online and now think I need my phone to be looked at by someone. It keeps saying connect to itunes when I plug it to charger and once I unplug it just goes off...When ever I try to restore it I get the response that an error occurred 3194 and it never gets restored. I would really love to get this phone fixed as it is still young.
Thank you. My email is:ryan.wilsons
Ryan, here is what APple suggest :" Errors 3000-3999 (3004, 3013, 3014, 3018, 3164, 3194, and so on): Error codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the update server (gs.apple.com) on ports 80 or 443.
1. Update to the latest version of iTunes.
2. Verify the computer's date and time are accurate.
3. Check that your security or firewall software is not interfering with ports 80 or 443, or with the server gs.apple.com.
4. Follow Troubleshooting security software. Often, uninstalling third-party security software will resolve these errors.
5. An entry in your hosts file may be redirecting requests to gs.apple.com (see "Unable to contact the iOS software update server gs.apple.com" above).
6. Internet proxy settings can cause this issue. If you are using a proxy, try without using one.
7. Test restoring while connected to a known-good network."
you can also try to follow this "Sometimes the iTune error 3194 occurs when we try to install custom firewall on the apple device. In the process of installing custom firewall, the apple device tries to verify this process on the apple server.
But whenever, the apple device gets no response from the server then its shows the - 3194 error. So the reason of the iTunes error 3194 is the no response from the apple server to the apple device.
There is one simple ways of resolving this problem. And that is with the help of a software name - tinny umbrella.
First download the Tinny umbrella if you don’t have it already from the following link.
After downloading the Tinny umbrella, Run it. After that, you have to do some changes in host setting here. Click on the tab name - advance. Here you will see few check boxes.
Just unchecked the check box where there is written that - set hosts to cydia on exit (if you need a clean restore from apple).
Now that is it. You can turn off Tinny umbrella software. This will definitely resolve the iTunes error 3194." from here. Furthermore, check this answer http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/59891... by majesty. Hope this helps, good luck.