0

Chad
13

Not charging after water damage

My Iphone got wet. I dried it using all of the tips and tricks but it will not charge. I have disassembled it using the guides and cleaned everything appropriately. It still doesn't charge. When I plug it to the wall charger it will come on but it will not stay on long. When I use the USB charger and a computer I get the apple symbol for a few seconds the it shuts off again. I replaced the battery and everything worked fine until the new battery drained. Now I'm back to square one. What else can I do to repair the charging issue?

OK. I just removed the battery and plugged it to the USB on my computer. It still get the apple symbol for a few seconds and then it goes off. So I could use the phone when the battery was charged but the phone still will not come on with direct power to the charge port.

Chad,

I have figured out that the two outter pins on my battery connector are shorted. Any ideas on where to look to repair the short?

Chad,

On your battery, or on your battery connectors? How do you figured out that they are shorted?

1

Chad, if it "worked fine until the new battery drained" replace the dock connector. It is possible that this is the reason for not charging. Here is the guide for it. Hope this helps, good luck.

I found the short by removing the battery and pluging in the charge cable to see i I was getting power to the battery connector on the phone.. I searched and found a diagram telling me the the pin closest to the dock connector is ground and the one furthest from the dock connector is positive. I ohmed the two and got zero resistance.

Chad,

Could most certainly still be your dock connector that shortens it out.

I'll replace it and let you know. Thanks for the help.

Chad,

As I was removing the dock connector I thought about ohming the battery connector with the logic board unplugged and removed. It still has zero ohms across pins 1 & 4. So I'm back to where I started. Any ideas where to look for that short. It is a verizon Iphone so it's different than all of the schematics I see online.

Chad,

0

D W
43

I had same issue. But I replaced the battery and dock connector on mine. Home Button works, speaker works. Phone still not recognized by computer or charger. Wall or car or computer. Any suggestions.