1

Johan Hendriks
33

The DS won't turn on. Green light flashes for a second.

Again I have a question about a DS Lite. This time it has the problem that it won't turn on. The green powerlight flashes for a second or two though. When I remove the Wi-Fi module, and then turn it on, the green light stays green, but it still won't power on.

I think it might be the upper LCD screen, since I replaced that. I read in someone elses question that the cable wasn't plugged in all the way. How far should it go in?

I have big fingers, so I can't really put it in farther since I can't get grip on it...

Do you think the LCD is the problem indeed (makes sense ofcourse), or something else? I tried the fuses F1 and F2, both seem to be fine.

Thank you.

Johan

Edited by: Johan Hendriks ( )

This is unfortunate, have you checked both the top along with the bottom "shells" of the DS? If you do need a new ribbon cable for the top to bottom displace, then there are some people on ebay with them. I can get a link if you cant find one.

Thorhian,

2

Thorhian
195

This usually means that a ribbon cable is disconnected. I would open up the top part of the clam shell, and Check all the ribbon cable. Use some tweezers if needed since you have big fingers. BUT! Be careful, those ribbon cables are delicate, along with the fastener clips (the black clamp where you fasten down the cable). If the cables in the top shell are properly fastened and they aren't damaged, then you might have to check the cables going from the sister board (Top shell) to the main motherboard (bottom shell). Check for damage, and check to see if its properly fastened into the both the motherboard and sister-board. Hopefully you have a Tr-wing bit (or screwdriver) to get into the bottom part of the DS.

It's hard to tell if they're fastened properly or are damaged.. Looks fine to me. I disconnected al the ribbon cables and connected them again. The green light stays the same, but the upper screen gives a white flash too...

Johan Hendriks,