0

Raul
11

Different Pentalobe size needed

Good day,

I ordered in eBay a Pentalobe to replace the battery of a 2009 MacBook Pro 15" and got a 1.2-50 Pentalobe.

It's a bit small for my battery screws.

Btw Apple installed a faster HD in my MacBook when I bought it, and casually the battery screws look a bit worn, so maybe the Apple service installed bigger screws.

Anyone knows what size of Pentalobe to look for?

Thank you very much!

All sorted with the 54 bit driver kit!

Edited by: David Hodson ( ) , Raul ( )

2

mayer

I've been able to open all the MacBoks with the bits out of this kit: 54 Bit Driver Kit

54 Bit Driver Kit

All the screwdriver bits you need to repair electronics, smartphones, tablets, computers, and game consoles in one handy toolkit. Kit includes Pentalobe, Flathead, Phillips, JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard), Torx, Torx Security, Hex, Square (or Robertso — 50+ available at 24.95 each.

Thanks for the answer. I see it has 2,5 and 6-size pentalobes. Which one could be equivalent to my 1.2-50 screwdriver? Which I think is the standard size for the MacBook battery

Raul,

I'm glad the kit solved your problem. I was so pleased with it that I got two. The smaller kit is also useful because of the driver. The larger diameter of it allows for much more torque to be applied to a screw. I have noticed that if I put a machine back together using it that I can't go back to the 54 bit driver because the screws are to tight: http://www.ifixit.com/Tools/26-Bit-Drive...

mayer,