0

tomvogdes
11

Dropped phone and now screen is blank.

I just dropped my AT&T iPhone 4S and the screen went blank. I am still receiving texts and calls and the phone vibrates when it is plugged in to charge. I restored it and synced it but the screen is still blank. From other questions on here I hope (crossing fingers) that just one of the connections came loose in the fall. It is possible to access these by taking the rear cover off? Or do I have to remove the entire front assembly?

Edited by: tomvogdes ( ) , pollytintop ( )

how much was to replace the phone?

Eduarda,

2

pollytintop

iPhone 4S Display Assembly Replacement this is the guide you need to follow..you almost need to take the whole phone apart to get to the display cables not just take the back cover off. Have you tried pressing power and home buttons until the apple appears? sometimes this simple fix works, sometimes you will need to open the phone and check your cables. If the reset doesn't work and there is no sign of a physical drop you could try taking it to your phone dealer and getting them to do the repair under warranty.

I did press the power and home buttons together but the screen did not respond. there is no sign of drop and I have AppleCare but I have already had the phone replaced once due to water damage so I don't want to use up my last replacement if I can fix myself. I'll check the cables, thanks for the response.

tomvogdes,

I forgot to update this. I removed the rear panel and attempted to see if there were any obvious cable issues. I jiggled the cables to and fro but it didn't fix it. I ended up taking the phone to Apple and they replaced my phone under its normal warranty, no Applecare+ required.

tomvogdes,

1

oflores
13

same thing happened to my mom's phone

fixed it by disconnecting and reconnecting all cables from the logic board, and it worked perfectly after.

1

Hallvard
13

Hi

I had the same problem my iPhone 4S. I tried reseting the device, turning it of and pressing all buttons without any result. I opened the back cover and tried the method explained in the youtube video, but sadly it didn't work. When I was about to give up I desperatly hit the phone in the table, and dropped it from 2-3 cm height. Then I hold the home and on button for 20s, and to my surprise it worked!!!

So it looks like a loose connector was the problem in my case. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'm happy for now.

Good luck!

0

cns
295

If you got 1 more free replacement coming with your applecare

then you better take it because opening the phone yourself

will void that 2nd replacement. No matter how careful you

think you are there are alot of teenytiny things that will

be obvious if a trueblue apple shop opens that phone.

Things like use of nonApple parts and missing capton tape

and who knows what else. Don't chance it.

0

stayput82
1

Actually, i have this problem all the time. Turn it off and back on.

I realize it might be difficult without seeing the screen but you can do it.

Edited by: stayput82 ( )

0

Marcia Bentley
1

Just happened to me this morning when I dropped my phone. I pressed the on/home buttons together and it worked. Had to hold them in for a while, but the apple finally showed up...thanks for posting such an easy solution!!

0

jacob trujillo
1

i did he same thing and i bought a lifeproof case and got the head phone screw peicxe and twisted it as tightly as possiable and it light right up because it compresses the phone so its in an tight environment and it will cause the screen to light up the only down side is you constantly have to have that peice in the phone

0

Angela Johnson
1

i droped my phone and the screen is black and blue ughhhh i really need help does anyone have anything plz and think you

0

George Walton
1

Cheers every one . Same just happened to me. Hold down the top power button for say 10 seconds then swipe the bottom to turn off as if the screen was working . Leave it a couple of minutes the power up as normal. All fixed happy days

0

felicity
1

watch this 2 min youtube video. the youngman explains exacrly how to fix it. in short u have to open it and press on something in the back. very easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKFFFe0r-...

0

felicity
1

you have to open the phone and press on something in the back. very easy and explained well above in the youtube vid

0

Savannah Mantonya
1

I need HELP!! I dropped my iPhone and it wouldn't respond and was just blank. I could still get messages and all that.. So I did the factory resetting or whatever through iTunes and now it won;t respond at all! Nothing except for plugging it into the computer.... Please help me

0

chandy
1

thanks a lot for this site i also dropped my cute apple phone , its working without display i feel very bad and searching this site ,just i pressed the home and on button as tell as in this site thank god now its working ........

0

Krishna
1

Thank you soo very much!!! I dropped my phone while I was sleeping and it went blank. I read the quick fixes and I was scared for the worst. I was getting ready to open it up. But I tried to turn it off as they have said and waited a minute and switched it on! Voila! It is working!! Thank you guys! I am going to very careful with my phone now on! A hard lesson learnt!

0

hannah
1

My power button is jammed and the screen is black and i have a feeling the touch screen isn't responding either, so practically im truly and utterly !@#$%^! i haven't got any phone insurance aswell... if there is ANYTHNG i can do can somebody please let me know!!!!

thanks

0

Simon
1

So glad I just found this page :-)

Dropped my 4s a week ago & the screen went blank. Nothing smashed & it still rings/vibrates.

I took it to 2 repair shops & they both said they would need to replace the front screen.

Apple offered to exchange the phone for £140.

I've just pressed the power & home button together for 10 secs and it's come back to life!! Saved me quite a few £££'s and lots of hassle, so thank you.

0

Hoang
1

This happened to my wife's phone this evening and I fixed it as Chandy suggested... and it came back already. Huge thanks to all of you!

0

werwere
1

Pressing power and home worked for me, thanks!

0

Susan DiMatteo
1

Thanks you all that posted these answers. This just happened to me last night and I thought I was going to have to go to the Verizon store, drop it off and have them hold it captive all day. I tried holding down the power button and the bottom button together for about 10 or so seconds , then swiping as I would normally do when I can see the screen. Worked perfectly. Thank you so much!! this saved me a lot of time :)

0

Ikram
1

My iphone 4 dropped like a month ago seens then my iphone

Keeps blocking evey 10 mins and today I was going to take a pic and my phone just went on dark blue/black screen I've done the 10 seconds thing and it didn't work and also

Opened my phone from the back an still no answer.

PLEASE HELP !

This Month: 3,021