1

Jared
277

I Separated the LCD from the digitizer!

I Finally did it after experimenting for months with broken screen assemblies that i had from repairing many iphones. The LCD still works and is not cracked or damaged the only thing i still gotta critique is how to not get small scratches all over the lcd. Heres a picture to prove it!

did you use a heat gun?

James Stoy,

heat gun, spatula and whole lotta skill ;)

Krayzee,

So both Jared and Krayzee got it done? Great job..:-)

Why would there be scratches on LCD? There is adhesive glue between the Digitizer and LCD protecting the LCD.

Brad,

Have you done it as well Krayzee?

Jared,

1

Krayzee
137

Yeah I did, pretty hard but got it done

make a guide of how you did it, that'd be helpful. Plenty of people crack screens and want to save money only replacing that part.

pollytintop,

i wouldn't recommend it like, if you're doing a repair, i only done it because i was bored at work, for a repair just get the full unit and replace, to separate the lcd from the touch, i heated, dab of alcohol, heated again dab of alcohol and kept on going until i felt was safe enough to risk take and once i was entirely sure where to lift and how to, there it is

Krayzee,

0

Sam
1

Come on guys! it takes few minutes doing this! I say maybe about 10 minutes less or more ....

initially I only taking the LCD part and put a new digitizer on top, but after a while I noticed most of time only the glass part on top of the digitizer layer works and in fact the glass on top is not a part of electronic parts and with a little bit of trick only taking the broken glass on top. glass layer on top is sit on the digitizer pad for better protection and reducing cost of production for digitizer.

Digitizer part is a kind of conductive film which is a bit softer than glass and most of time not broken. the film is a kind of Mika, same as the clear film that used to cover the old kerosine heater. they are very resistance to heat also flexible as well. so when digitizer works and only the glass gone you should take the glass part only, then a $2 glass that sold as protection for LCD on top of the digitizer that even is most cost effective.

you can find the glass only cheaper too ... anyway wasn't sure if this post is real and true or maybe very old and not updated! lol