0

Andrew Horn
1

Replaced battery but won't charge

Recently I replaced my iPhone 4s battery using the steps provided in this site. After I was finished reassembling the phone I plugged it in to charge. The Apple logo will appear as if it is restarting normally. But it will only appear for 4-5 seconds before it disappears. It repeats coming and going about every 4-5 seconds. Any suggestions.

I have the same problem I conect to the computer and It doesnt charge the battery. andy suggestion?

Sergio Ruben Sanchez Balam,

after connecting the charger battery shows fully charged at same level that means battery is cheap one or fault in logic board

SIMRAN,

I have the same problem and the shop were i fixend my iPhone has only THE original iPhone batery.

Leviboy125,

1

ryanblessey
13

I hate to say it but simran might be right. I just did a battery replacement from ifixit and it wouldn't charge afterward. The indicator said that the plug was in but the charge symbol didn't appear. I took the thing apart 6 times and reassembled thinking I missed something. Finally I put the old battery back in and it was charging just like normal(although the battery still runs out quick because it's old). I think I'm just going to hang in there until the 5 comes out hopefully soon.

0

SIMRAN

This is the problem of only battery. this new battery is after market . Ask you seller to change it becoz these batteries will not work. this is very cheap battery it only shows charging but actually it only discharging slowly slowly. change the battery is the option you have to do for your iphone works normally .

It is a new battery, I changed recently.

Sergio Ruben Sanchez Balam,

that doesnot mean your new battery is working properly okieee. try with another. do one thing remove the battery from working iphone and use it here your iphone will work .

SIMRAN,

Do one thing , remove the battery from the phone then put into the charger it will behave like as same now behaving okiee. do this that means battery is bad or battery connecter on the logic board become faulty

SIMRAN,

I will try it but I don't think that it is the battery cause with the original battery was doing the same and now with this new battery it is still doing it but i will try it, any other suggestion?

Sergio Ruben Sanchez Balam,

Oh! these iFixit batteries. I wanted to believe that they were a safe bet and got me one. Installed it and then disappointment. Charging stuck at 47%; essentially it wouldn't take charge. Phone wouldn't work without being plugged in. Even then, applications crashed on launching. And no wi-fi. After waiting enough for a miracle, I disassembled the phone again, installed the old battery and everything went back to normal, including a battery that would not last long. Shame on iFixit for selling garbage and shame on Apple for not making replacement batteries available to their costumers.

Blah,

0

Maha
1

My iPhone charges only up to 4% I took it to the shop to see what's wrong with it they said we have to change the battery so I let them to change it; they said it will charge after that because the battery was dead but now its still not charging even I got new battery.:(

Anyone knows what I have to do so it can charge ?Please Help

0

allanhamr
1

Bought new Iphone 4 battery. Didn't charge.

Had to go back to the old battery :/

0

Bernie Anderson
1

The charging USB port may have lint or something blocking your charger. I had the same thing happen with my motorola photon, ands there was some lint in the charging port. The battery would not charge, and agree I cleaned the port out, out works fine now. It took a little time to get all the lint out. You may need a magnifying glass to be able to see inside the charging port/jack.

0

marlon
1

My problem too. Can't get to charge or turn on - gives me a dead battery symbol when charging but nothing works. going to replace old battery and see if that works I guess.

0

marlon
1

reinstalled the old one and it works just as before so must be the battery was bad.

0

Harvir Rajasanci
55

I say you look for a better battery or get it changed from apple

0

Tetsuo
1

Not the battery in my case, I have tried 3 original iPhone 4 batteries and the phone won't charge, tried hard reset and that doesn't help