Phone washed, after drying wont run on battery.
Will getting wet ruin the battery?
Phone went through complete wash/rinse cycle, found when moving clothes to dryer. I took out SIM and battery, blotted dry and set it in front of a fan for two days. The fan was not a hard blow just a good bit of air movement.
Put it back together and plugged it in to wall charger. Phone booted to lock screen saying it needed to be activated. I unlock it and it has the usb cable plug me in graphic. But it keeps rebooting shortly after getting to lock screen (about 20 seconds).
If I disconnect from power it shuts off like batter is dead and will not do anything without being plugged in.
It will not boot to lock screen plugged into USB only wall outlet. USB gets the Apple logo a bit then turns off then repeats.
Home, power and screen all work fine.
Kinda seems to be in DFU mode like OS install is hosed.
You should have left it too dry a bit longer than 2 days, closer to a week is recommended. I recently dropped my cell into a toilet and I put it into a bag of rice for 5-6 days and it booted right up, the screen was just blotchy. To me, it sounds like you might have fried something/short
Mark Pence, as with any device that got submerged, you will have to clean it in order to prevent later failure due to corrosion. Check this guide. It was written for a 3G but applies to your phone as well. Clean it thouroughly or risk failure later on;-) The LiIon battery absolutely do not like any humidity and can even react violently with it. These are smart cell device that will have to be replaced due to the possibility of a short circuit. Clean your phone, replace the battery and re-evaluate for any damage. Hope this helps, good luck.
Mark Pence, oldturkey03's right. I just helped fix my friend's iPhone 4 that took a swim in the ocean. What I did to clean out the sea water and corrosion was to submerge the whole phone (minus the battery) and later the logic board only in 99% isopropyl alcohol. That will help clean the contacts and draw the water out of the iPhone. I left the phone in the alcohol for about 1 day. It works perfectly now - I have been testing it for days and it is just as new. As for the battery, I think you'll need a new one. They're only $25 at iFixit, so it isn't too much to swallow. I put a link to the battery:
Replacement 1420 mAh battery for iPhone 4. Compatible with all iPhone 4 GSM and CDMA models (Not 4S). Does not require soldering. 3.7 Votls (V) / 5.25 Watt Hours (Whr). — 50+ available at 24.95 each.