0

DonnaL
1

Can I transfer songs from my iPod Nano to an iPod Touch?

I was given an iPod touch and was wanting to transfer all my music from my older iPod Nano 3rd Generation to the iPod Touch. Is this possible?

Edited by: machead3, ABCellars, Ben, and oldturkey03 ( )

I had my older iPod at college and used friends computers to download music. I don't have access to those computers or music libraries anymore.

DonnaL,

Have any of you tried "Pod to Mac" free download?

DonnaL,

Have you got a link for it?

mayer,

I haven't tried it, but here's the link. it's free to try or $19.95 to buy: http://www.podtomac.com/

iTronics Repair,

Yes I have a link: http://download.cnet.com/Pod-to-Mac/3000... Thanks for all your help! Will let you know if it works.

DonnaL,

5

bac

another way is to manually copy the hidden music files on your iPod nano to your computer, then transfer from there to your iPod touch using iTunes. Here's how:

First enable Disk Mode on your iPod nano, then connect to your computer and it will mount on your desktop.

next, follow these instructions (for Mac or PC) to show hidden files on your Mac or PC. You will then be able to navigate to and see the hidden directory on the mounted iPod volume

For example on a Mac, the iPod's music files will now be visible in subdirectories of the mounted volume in:

/Volumes/[YouriPodName]/iPod_Control/Music

now copy the entire contents of the iPod_Control/Music folder to your hard disk, and then later drag the resulting copy to iTunes and then sync your iPod touch

very good bac, I didn't know this +vote

mayer,

That's generally my favorite way

rab777hp,

3

Ben Eisenman

The only way I am aware of is to use a program like Senuti to pull the songs from your Nano onto iTunes. Then unplug the Nano, plug in the Touch, and drag the songs from iTunes onto the Touch.

Good luck!

1

mayer

iPodrip will also do the job and will work with both Mac & PC. Senuti is Mac only. http://thelittleappfactory.com/irip/?gcl...

1

iTronics Repair
2k

If you're asking if you can go directly iPod to iPod, then the answer is no.

But otherwise, just see the other answers about getting music from your iPod to your computer. I also use iPod->Folder and iPodDisk (both for mac though).

1

MacMillanPhyllis
13

Yes, you can do it out for yourself now by my recommend way.Some times iTunes may fails to sync your Apple device while trying to transfer your files. At such situation you need an advanced iPod to iPhone transfer application by which you can easily transfer your files. This application easily sync your device and allow you transfer, modify, delete, manage files. Just follow these simple steps to transfer files from one multimedia device to another: Don’t Miss: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes

Connect your iPod or iPhone to your computer.

Sync the device for trasnfering data.

Use an application to easily transfer files.

Drag and drop files iPod to iPhone or vice versa.

For more information about how to transfer files to Apple's devices through the MacBook or PC you can visit: How to Transfer Songs from iPhone to Mac Computer.

1

Anna
25

Yes. The transfer issue become easier than before, because there are a lot of file transfer tool now other than iTunes that can do the job conveniently. Among all, I l like the M2mate iPod transfer most, because it allows to sync the songs or other files between two different iDevce at the same time with 1 click.

0

rab777hp

Besides all the ripping suggestions people have- how did you get the music currently on your nano? If it's still in iTunes and you sync it regularly, just sync the same iTunes library with all your music to the Touch.

0

Josh Calvetti

Contrary to some other answers, it is actually possible to move music directly from iPod to iPod. You can use an app called Misu (OS X) or iPod2iPod (Windows) to fuse the two libraries together.

0

sbdfhs
1

Unfortunately, although the Nano can show as a "drive" on My Computer, the Touch doesn't.

The copying the hidden folder option is the best way around this, as it is a very good way of copying your ipod's contents to a different computer without using itunes.

The only problem is that the original mp3 names will be renamed to four figure codes - fhgd, vbgh etc.

To find out which file is which, set the the folder they are in to display 'details' and you will see their titles. you will probably find that importing them into itunes for the Touch will display the names, but you may find some that do not appear properly and will need editing via getinfo.

Edited by: sbdfhs ( )

0

singlebrown
13

To transfer songs from iPod Nano to iPod Touch

1 Attach an iPod USB computer cable to the iPod Nano. Connect that iPod Nano to the computer.

2 Open iTunes if it doesn't automatically open. If you don't have iTunes, you can download it for free on the Apple website. The iPod Nano should be listed under "Devices" on the left panel of the iTunes screen.

3 Connect the iPod Touch to the computer using the iPod Touch USB computer cable. It will also appear under "Devices" in iTunes.

4 Select everything except music files on the iPod Nano to copy and paste to the iPod Touch. Once everything has been completely transferred, there will be a pop-up message to let you know it is complete.

5 Open "My Computer" on a PC or "Finder" on a Mac and select the iPod Nano. Copy the iTunes Music folder. Then select the iPod Touch and paste the copied folder in its iTunes music folder. Wait for the completion message before disconnecting.

Edited by: singlebrown ( )

0

jhnjohn
1

If you are looking to transfer iPhone files then it is informed that it is possible to transfer files . iTunes is an application with which it is easy to transfer files but this take large and enough time. iPhone transfer for Mac has made easy and possible to transfer files.

http://recuperacion.iphonetransferformac...

0

Athenab
1

Yes. The transfer issue become easier than before, because there are a lot of file transfer tool now other than iTunes that can do the job conveniently. Among all, I l like the iPubsoft iPad iPhone iPod to Computer Transfer most, because it allows to sync the songs or other files between two different iDevce at the same time with 1 click.

http://www.ipubsoft.com/idevice-tips/cop...

0

Heteny11
1

You can transfer your data from one iPod to another iPod.

Step 1: Connect Two of Your Devices to Computer

To start with, connect two devices (they can be Android, Symbian or iOS devices) to your computer via USB cables. Run Phone to Phone Transfer. When your devices are connected and detected by MobileTrans, you'll get a window as follow.

Step 2: Start to Transfer Data from One Phone to Another

Now, data on your source phone that can be transferred are listed in the middle, such as contacts, photos, messages, etc. You only need to mark those you're going to move to another phone and click “Start Copy”. Then they can be fully copied to your destination phone.

If you need to empty your destination phone before the transfer, tick off the ”Clear data before copy” bar under the destination phone picture.

Be sure neither of your phones disconnects during the whole progress. When transfer progress is completed, please hit the "OK" button.

Edited by: Heteny11 ( )