2

ELQ
35

PS3 Guitar Controller 2d button releasing on its own, can it be fixed?

My son's PS3 Guitar Hero Controller's second button on the fretboard is not acting quite right. He presses it and it may work, or if he's holding the note it may simply release itself even though he's still got it pressed. Sometimes it says it's pressed when another button is pressed. Is there something I can do to fix it or will he just need another controller?

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( ) , iRobot ( ) , ELQ ( )

1

QEII Student IT

The trouble is that this isn't a frequent problem nor is it a frequent product, however:

You could try opening up the guitar and checking the soldering/wiring of the button to the board. Loose connections could cause the button to act varyingly and a lot of 'it works sometimes' problems are due to it.

0

dazza2star
1

Just something to note... When I opened my controller I noticed that the plastic rocker triggers 2 steel switches, one for the up stroke and one for a down stroke, the plastic on the rocker switch had worn down where it is in contact with each switch, to a point where they were no longer pressing the switches correctly.

swiftly repaired with some superglue and a split matchstick.

0

Brett
1

A good way to fix it is by taking the button off and blowing on the inside were the button i, because it could simply be that there is a lot of rubbish inside of it so it would be best to clean it out.