0

Spindle
1

Soldering guide for iPad 2 Digitizer Touchscreen SMD Connector?

Any desoldering/soldering guides for replacing the digitizer connector for iPad 2???

http://www.amazon.com/iPad-Digitizer-Tou...

Edited by: iRobot ( )

1

Craig

Not to let the cat out of the bag here guys but if the clip breaks off, no worries. I use a small piece of screen protector cut to perfectly fit between the connector and the flex cable. This shims the flex cable down to touch the pins on the bottom of the connector that the latch normally pushes it down into. Place a piece of tape over the connector and your done. This will save you alot of time and money.

0

Spindle, from the same link as you used "We recommend: much flux and an IR (infer red) rework station for this repair. Hot air gun can used but much more difficult with the installation hence we do not recommend it." unless you have the tools and the knowledge, I'd be looking for someone that has the experience. Check with the user "hectordtruong" on here. He does board level repairs and may be can help you out. Anyhow, just my 2cents, good luck.

0

cyberdoctormd
43

That is my amazon listing actually

I have since then found easier way to do this repair, with simple tool like soldering iron only.

the video tutorial is up on youtube.

See youtube videohow to take your FPC old connector off. 20$ if you do it yourself.

If you are not comfortable with soldering on your own you can get connector repaired here for less than 99$ directly from us.

Edited by: cyberdoctormd ( )

0

Andrew
1

Just a heads up for those looking to do this - http://www.tvc-mall.com/details/iPad-2-T...

0

anna courtney
1

Craig that's the best tip I found online, it works like brand new with the piece of peeled foil from another adhesive, thank you