My wi fi airport extreme,
I have a 3rd generation iMac, my wirless router is upstairs about 15 mts away, my MacBook laptop shows solid signal strength, my iMac sometimes works and other times nothing.
Took it to local apple workshops (no authorised as I live in saudi arabia) who stated that the internal antenna was loose, supposedly fixed lasted a few days and now no longer working NO signal strength at all, how do I replace check that airport extreme card is faulty or not connected properly
Follow the guide
to DIY check the antenna... and seating of the card.
- You can change the channel and strength of the base station.'''
- Interference from other appliances''' will affect wireless signals.
- ''Things like old signal leaking motors for fans dishwashers, refrigerators,
- portable phones (some operate in the same frequency as Airport),
- televisions, radios and microwaves in/near the computer can affect range,''
- the material and things like wiring/plumbing in/on the walls.
If this answer is acceptable please return and mark it.