You can use Front Row without the remote... you need to change your source location.
- Command (⌘)-Esc
- Open Front Row and close Front Row from the opening menu
- Up Arrow, Down Arrow
- Navigate menus and lists, and change volume
- Return to a previous menu
- Space bar or Return
- Select an item in a menu or list, and play and pause audio or video
- Right Arrow, Left Arrow
- Go to the next or previous song or photo, and go to the next or previous chapter of a DVD that is playing
- Right Arrow, Left Arrow (hold down the key)
- Fast-forward or rewind a song, video, or DVD
Tips & Warnings
*The media you can play on Front Row includes all videos, photos and music on iTunes as well as any DVD player connected to or installed in your Mac.
*Front Row can also play any media files from any other Mac computers that are networked together--whether they're wireless or wired.
For more help/tips/trick
If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.