0

Cannon
1

iPhone has charging issues, what would need to be replaced?

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster.

I have recently run into troubles with my iPhone 3gs. When I plug it into either the usb or wall charger it refuses to charge. It only charges when I turn an app on, and let it sit for a bit (but I have to leave the app on).

I've already purchased several batteries (about 3 in total), and I've ordered and replaced the docking connector all with no luck. Any suggestions on what I should replace next or look for would be awesome. I'm thinking the logic board, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance!

0

Cannon, if you replaced your battery already, I would next check the battery contacts with a multimeter and the USB cord plugged in. See what voltage you get on the contacts. It is easily possible that you have some pins corroded, bend, or broken. Also check for debris in the dock connector. If that checks out alright, see if the fuses are okay. Check my answer here http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/53447... for more info. Hope this helps, good luck.