4

mohd
49

My Ipad screen not working please help me?

I dropped my ipad on the floor, but i have a jacket case for it. well, my screen turned to black but still there was a little light. In addition, i pressed on power button then i slid "power off" on the screen yet no showed on it . i remembered where its location. then, my screen turned yellow.

so please help me?.

2

Jeff
25

Turn your ipad upside down on your lap and give it a hard smack on the back. Not a cruel joke it works!

1

Chuck sawyer
151

You probably need a new LCD screen or a new digitizer, or both. It also possible the one of the screen connectors came loose. You can eithe fix it yourself or take it in to be repaired. If you take it in it will COST,!..I'm pretty sure warranty won't cove drops...if they know it wad a drop..

1

Joshua Muccio
13

Hey guys! Sometimes the smack will work, since a hard jolt is most likely what caused the issue in the first place. If that doesn't work, you'll need to open up the iPad and gain access to the LCD cable. Most likely that cable is loose and needs to be reinserted into the ZIF connector.

Then if that doesn't solve your problem you will need a new LCD. I can't really give you exact links to help you with the repair until I know what model of iPad you have. There is a number on the back that starts with A and then has 4 digits after that. It should say either A1395, A1396 or A1397 if it is an iPad 2.

You can find out what model you have on this page on Apple's website.

Just let me know what model iPad you have (iPad 2, iPad 3, etc.) and I'll help you figure it out.

@Joshua Muccio, please refrain from upvoting your own answers with your duplicate alter ego "Josh Muccio"

@oldturkey03, my bad. I just realized today that I had an old profile set up under a different email address. So I moved to the old account. You can merge them if that would be better.

Joshua Muccio,

1

Mobile Rapid Response Unit

It sounds like one of two things has happened to your device:

• If you can still see images on the screen, but it is very very dark, to the point of being unusable without squinting, your backlight has probably cracked.
  • If you cannot see any images on the screen, but you can see a difference between On and Off in how bright the black screen is, then your backlight is fine, but your LCD is likely either not fully connected, or otherwise cracked/separated.

I suspect it's the latter, due to the reference to the screen turning yellow. If you remove the front glass/digitizer, you can check the connection to the board. If reseating the connection fails to solve the problem, I'd recommend replacing the LCD, as that sounds to me the most likely point of failure in this particular situation.

1

Angie
13

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Jeff! I dropped my Ipad and thought that it was well and truly broken, all I had was a black screen,I gave it a couple of taps on the back and its fixed!Awesome!!!

1

sarah
13

!@#$ me it worked. thanks xx

1

Carlos Romero
13

thank jeff

Sometimes the smack will work

this work for me

0

darnell
13

thankyou so much, i almost had an athsma attack

0

Amaka
1

My son dropped my ipad air today, d screen is all white. I've whacked it , its still not showing. Pls help I'm dying here.