0

Jeanette B
1

Is my notebook dead? Black screen with blinking cursor.

I have a Acer Aspire 7741z-4643 notebook. I have a blank screen with a blinking dash. I can do a f2 on it. It will go the Acer logo and than I have a blank screen. How can I fix this. Or is this the end for my laptop. Please help

Edited by: mayer ( ) , Sam Lionheart ( ) , machead3 ( )

1

Jeanette B, sounds to me like you either lost some start up files from your OS or that your Hard drive has failed. try to start your computer with an OS in the CD drive (set your BIOS to use it as first boot device) I would try something like Puppy Linux etc, just to see if your computer boots up into that Operating System. Or you can try to reinstall your current operating system. Also try (if you are running Windows on your computer) to hit F8 right after the Acer Logo comes up. This might get you into Windows safe mode.

The other issues with the Acer's is a BIOS issue where you get a blank screen only. Acer's have a BIOS recovery utility, and you might want to read through these instructions. But that should be one of the last things to do, since it can get a little tricky. Let us know what works and what does not so we can continue to narrow it down. Good Luck.

0

Jeremiah Davis
1

Unplug anything in usb ports and try again. Works for me

0

Esther
1

Omg I'd u have a acer this is what worked for me press 48 while acer is loading press repair and then press system recovery or system repair I pressed recovery and my cp is now back to normal!! Yay!