0

Linda
1

Error has occured press and hold the button to turn system off

My DSi turns on gives me the menu but will not let me play any og my games. Just keeps coming up with Error has occurred press button to turn the system off.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

2

ABCellars

If your DSi is under warranty you need to contact Nintendo about repairing it. If it is not under warranty you need to replace the logic board/motherboard. Click here and chose the "motherboard" guide for instructions on how to do that.

0

Neither
1

Have you done anything different with your DSi recently, such as using an action replay or downloading an app? I've had this problem before when I leave the DSi on for too long with the action replay inserted. My common fix for this is trying to boot the game as fast as possible when the DSi powers on.

Is there any additional information you can provide about your problem? Can you boot other apps within the DSi? have you considered erasing all the data that is currently on it through the settings menus?

Since the menu boots, trying blowing compressed air or using an air blower in the cartridge slot, this may be the source of the issue.

Hopefully some of this helps!

Edited by: Neither ( )

Yes, the menu appears but that is as far as it goes, when I tap onto any of the following icons it takes me to a black screen with the error message on

Linda,

Then, as ABCellars said, it is most likely an issue with the motherboard =(

Neither,

Will not let me into settings, comes up with the black screen and error message

Linda,

I have not downloaded anything just used rep ds game cards

Linda,

0

hitpatel2
307

It is not the motherboard. It is the Wifi board that connects to the motherboard.

The Wifi board is either damaged or has disconnected itself from the motherboard. Some times this happens when the system take a hard fall.

0

martin
1

i have the same problem... i repalced the wifi board and it still has the same problem.

I have done a few repairs with this error, and replacing the Wifi board has worked every time. Martin, is it possible you got a broken Wifi Board.

hitpatel2,