0

captinhowdy94
1

How do I replace my samsung captivate charge port?

Discussion Topic

I'm willing to send, my phone off for someone to fix my phone, or suggestions to businesses that know how. I took the phone completely apart, and then realized it was a soldering job. Please help!

1

Nick

This is possible to do, but tough

you will need your phone apart and a soldering iron that has good heat transfer and gets hotter then 400 degrees(410 is fine) to do this

You will want to use a desoldering braid and remove any old solder from the connector ONLY and replace the jack

get a female micro USB connector on eBay(note this is cheap, so i trust eBay for this)

note you cannot do it too long, you will mess up the contact pads if you do

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

Do you think I could send the port and mother board to you, and trust you to send it back?

captinhowdy94,

I do not do this level of soldering well enough to There are companies who tough but i am trying to go to technical school, i shhould have a better idea if i make it

Nick,

0

Lisa Gibson
1

It is difficult for me. I have a Captivate i897 and the port is dead. I have the new port sitting here and I have two different soldering irons. My heavy duty iron will not get hot enough to melt the solder. I am using desoldering braid as well. I had no luck, so I am in the market for a new motherboard but those are impossible to find. now I am trying to buy a cheap i897. I really love these phones. *I know this thread is over a year old. Did you ever get the phone fixed?

Lisa Gibson, try to put some solder on your soldering tip before you try to unsolder with soldering braid. Also, dip the braid in flux.

Add Your Reply