0

Max Zigmund
1

Why is the carousel not turning?

I have a Mr. Christmas Carousel, and it stopped turning. Now it just plays music. I tried to open it up, but the bottom wouldn't come off. I have a soldering iron and any other tool that would need. I took the screws out of the bottom and I tried prying it off, but that didn't do anything. If I can get the bottom off, I can fix the problem. I am guessing that it is a disconnected wire. Any ideas on getting the bottom off or an alternate method is greatly appreciated.

3

pollytintop

http://www.fixya.com/support/t1439773-mr... if you scroll down you'll find a guide of how to take it apart.. hope this helps or is similar to yours.

2

scheuermann12345
25

the carousel has a basic fault inside the gear.

The first gear inside the gearbox will break after

short time of running. I will replace the plastic gear

by a gear of brass.

You have to dissassemble the carousel from the top.

You remove the top. You will see a screw.

At the lower part of the roof you see 4 snap-ins.

After doing the 4 snap-ins you can remove the

upper roof. You unsold the 2 wires of the wipers.

Yo open the hexagonal screw and the you can

remove the whole mechanics.

If you have questions, contact me

scheuermann12345@yahoo.de

1

Liz
13

Hi my husband just fixed my carousel it had the same problem of not turning. He took the top canopy of, plugged it in turned it on, just to see what was going on. The problem with mine was one of the gears getting stuck on a grey electrical wire that ran under the gears.He lifted the gear slightly and now it works fine. Hope this helps someone out there.

Liz.

0

Lance Smith
1

I was able to remove the top using the instructions given by scheuermann12345@yahoo.de and found that the o-ring that is used as a drive belt between the motor pulley and the gear-box pulley was broken. I am trying to find one and when I do, it should work again. is it a 1 3/4" by 1/32" o-ring.

Lance Smith lance.r.smith28@gmail.com

0

thor kritzman
1

Used a rubber band of same approximate size to replace o-ring, works so far