0

Nightrain
1

Replacing battery on RAZR?

Long story short: dropped my RAZR into a toilet a few weeks ago (don't ask) and it promptly died, so I ended up replacing it with a RAZR Maxx.

With the original RAZR, leaving it in a bowl of rice for a few days didn't help - however, when I plug it in to a charger, the red light on the phone flickers for a brief moment before going dead again which leads me to believe that the phone is fine but the battery is dead.

With that in mind, is there a way to possibly replace the battery with an aftermarket version and resell the refurbished RAZR on the open market? It doesn't seem that cellulardr.com has replacement batteries for sale but wanted to check with the experts here before I write it up as a loss. Thanks!

Thanks for letting me know about the processes involved in remedying the exposure to water. Do you know if an aftermarket battery replacement for the Droid RAZR exists?

Nightrain,

3

pollytintop

rice won't do the full clean. it simply mops up moisture. If the contacts are corroding or filled with toilet muck then a good dry won't solve your problem. Definitely start with a new battery-they don't like water at all.http://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/Electronics_W...

speaking of isapropal alcohol, it worked for my dad's remote car door opener.... saved him 25-75$

Nick,

1

mayer

Go here and click on your model for the correct battery: http://www.emtcompany.com/cell-phone-bat...

Thanks - I should clarify that this is the Droid RAZR first released last November - not the RAZR of yore (which was a great little phone in its time). The link only has a list of batteries that will work with the old pre-Droid RAZR.

Nightrain,

0

baboba
37

Hi

at this time the problem is the motherboard water did alot of damage did short with the alot of chaps and lost the software , any way try to download software probably will work

0

H M
43

You can find the Droid Razr Battery at Cellphone Repair Shop.com or better yet upgrade to the Droid Razr Maxx for a little more money.