0

Andrew
1

iPod touch 4G sleep button broken. why isn't volume button?

Hi I surprisingly successfully changed my iPod touch 4th Generation screen by myself but when I tried to turn it back on, I found the sleep button was broken so I had to put it in the charger for a second.

I don't want to have to buy a new part or majorly open up my iPod again so what I'm wondering is, is the cable of the part ripped or is it an easily solved problem. From what I understand, the sleep button and the volume buttons are one part so surely if a cable was torn, they would both not be working.

same thing happened to me have you fixed it?

Juan Pena,

0

Jason
917

I had run into the same issue and i figured it out!!!!

It was the metal spudger tool I was using. I noticed that ever since i bought the set from here I had the same problem with the lock button not working but the volume still functioning. I had never once had that problem before, and i have done a lot of these. I did some experimenting with iPods that were under warranty still and used the tool more and more sparingly. I believe the exact issue came from when I was removing the copper tape that secures the digitizer ribbon. When I would repair the iPod not using that tool at all except to remove that tape I still had that issue. I believe it is the metal conductivity. Solution, use screwdriver with a rubber handle.

Edited by: Julia ( )

Metal Spudger Set

Pry, scrape, probe, and poke like a pro. The four metal spudgers in the flexible plastic tool roll have seven blades between them, one tool for every repair situation. — 50+ available at 7.95 each.

0

Zach
1

My sleep button has now stopped working and I've been told bye the techs at radio shack said that they stop working because of over use.