0

Lisa
1

Touch Screen not working properly- replaced cracked screen

I managed to replace the broken screen on my iphone but now 7 8 9 are not working. I imagine its the ribbon number 3 not in correctly cos this was a bit tricky but when I try to lift it up with the suction cup the screen only lifts up cos of the sticky tape!

I've tried a bit a blue tack inbetween, failed.

Another reason could be was it damaged during repair from heat off the hairdryer?

Any tips on what to do next please?

Edited by: Lisa ( )

I pullled it out using an exacto knife, tried ribbon 3 and still 7 8 9 not working. When I press 8 number 5 responds. I can't get past my passcode! Any help please? Thank you

Lisa,

the glass replacement didn't come with the ribbon number 2 sticker so I replaced with old one. Lost its sticky so I put a tiny tiny piece of gaffa tape to stick it. Is this the problem cos its still not working 7 8 9 Thanks

Lisa,

3

Lisa, it has been my experience that if part of the touch screen does not work, it is the digitizer that is failing. I would contact the vendor and see if they will exchange the digitizer. Of course, always check and double check your work as well as the connection, but ultimately it looks like the internal grid of your digitizer is not accepting the touch. I suggest to replace it. Good luck.

Thank you for your reply. I have double checked my work and can now see that the metal piece that the lcd slides under is not flush with the connecter, I have informed the vendor and hope for a new unit. I'll let you know the results. Do you know anything about the number 2 ribbon. Did I need to replace the sticker, does it act as an insulator? I'm unsure of this. Many thanks again Lisa

Lisa,

Lisa, you will be okay without the sticker.

0

hectordtruong

Lisa, also the #3 connector/ribbon doesnt have much to do with the touchscreen. Unless the ribbon is faulty, or the connector is damaged, the only thing you'd notice is "ghosting" or an ultrasensitive touchscreen. Like oldturkey stated, you more than likely have a defective unit.

Be careful with the #3 ribbon as well. If you notice the speaker or proximity sensor not working after all the manipulating, then you may have to change it out. I have a diy on here if you need it. Report back once you have results!

0

Elroy
1

if you are repairing a 3g or 3gs the digitizers are different and the screen will appear to work backward. Check to see if you have the correct replacement part.

0

Phil
1

I'm having a similar snag - replaced my digitiser glass and I noticed a poorly performing touchscreen. Managed to open a drawing app and noticed that about 4 horizontal lines could be drawn and only between two of these lines could I draw vertical and diagonal lines.

Can anybody confirm whether this could happen due to faulty connections or would it be a faulty replacement digitiser?

0

kwacky1
1

For me, the 2 cable wasn't clicked in properly

0

Jon
1

I have changed the broken screen and am having the same problems as others the 1 and2 cables seam very lose and the 3 is not much better the screen is ok with big movements but typing and selecting apps just is not happening I have take it apart about 5 times now to check and am not getting any where fast any ideas please any one :-)