0

Sebastian Oort
1

iMac + SSD hangs during installation 10.6 and 10.7

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

I've got an old iMac 5.1 (Core2Duo 2.0ghz, 2gb RAM, 17inch etc) and i recently built in an SSD drive (a Kingston V200 64gb).

I've tried to install Snow Leopard and it hangs somewhere near the end (8 minutes or 1 minute, it varies, sometimes around 30 minutes)

I've tried to install Lion and it hangs somewhere at 1 or 3 minutes or it fails (and after a reboot it will try again and hang at 30 minutes, it all varies)

I've tried to install Windows 7 and that works perfectly... Of all things...

Lion gave the following notice around the hangup in the install log:

jmicronata.kext does not declare a kernel dependency: using com.apple.kernel.6.0.

Can anyone give me a hint how to get this beautiful piece of kit back on track? (yes i can reinstall the original HDD, but i'd really love to have the SSD working). If i need to sell the SSD and get another model, which one is guaranteed to work?

Edited by: iRobot ( )