0

Coomi
1

My phone is not able to make or receive calls, why?

Despite perfect network , I am unable to make calls or recieve calls on my iPhone4.

When I try to call, it immediately tells me "call failed" even without any ringing.

When Others call, they say my phone is 'disconnected',

I am able to send & receive SMSs but no calls. What is wrong? How can I correct this? I am lost without the use of my phone

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Coomi ( )

2

mactech plus

If you have your phone connected to a wireless network in your house that could be why you can text as that will go through the home network first if connected.

The first thing I would do is connect my phone to my computer and bring up iTunes and back up the phone and then RESTORE it. I had to do this to mine last night. If that works great. If not let us know and we can go from there. Good luck

I did what you suggested, but it made no difference. what should I do to get it back in working condition? Connectivity is important to me

Coomi,

have you checked with your phone provider that the bills are paid etc? also have you tried taking SIM out and cleaning/reseating? This may be a SIM problem or an antenna problem.

pollytintop,

0

Lehner
1

It is probably because you have not bought it from a local carrier. Otherwise, you can try to keep the power button and the selection button downwards pushed at the same time up until the iPhone turns off and then on again. It will erase all the temporary files.

0

Edward
1

Hi,all you need to do is toggle Settings>general>phone

See that the Show caller Id to on.

If your phone is jail broken,go Cydia search and install CALLER ID SBSETTINGS ,toggle CALLER ID TO ON.

REBOOT!

It simply worked for me.

0

Muhammad Shakeel
1

I am having the same problem, but caller ID setting didn't worked for me. do you have any other solution, for this problem. I think it is some hardware issue, because my SIM card is working properly in other phone sets. Any solution?

0

corey
1

Those having issues with making/receiving phone calls go through these steps if you need help with understanding how to do a reset and if all else fails a DFU mode reset, I can assist. I am Apple Certified and have access to all service guides.

1Verify that your carrier name appears in the status bar, at top left of the display.

2Turn Airplane mode on, wait for the to appear in the status bar, and then turn it off again.

3Reset Network Settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

4If your iPhone is in a case, try removing it to ensure that the case isn't interfering with the cell signal strength.

If these dont work, Contact your carrier to find out the following:

-If you are in an area with network coverage.

-If there is a network outage.

-The account is properly configured to your phone.

Try to restore your phone and set it up as new.

If the above does not work try this Apple Support Article on Troubling a No Service Iphone.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4429

Let me know if this works.

0

kat
1

Ii have got an I phone 4s I just gone and bought at 10 top up and its not letting me make calls or revise calls I can't ring the top up it goes straight off as I tried to ring and it not doing anything

0

Purple Panda
1

I have the same problem. I am unable to make or receive calls or send or receive texts. My data plan works. I have contacted my service provider and they were unable to assist me. I have the iphone 4 operating on 7.0.3. I would appreciate any help as I am currently unable to communicate.

0

long
1

I have the same problem with purple panda.

no call or receive call, no texts but data works.

any sugguestions guys?

This Month: 1,252