0

jerry
1

error 40 itunes restore

While trying to restore my iphone i get error code 40. i have an iphone 3, ipad firmware, ios 4.2.1. already tried dfu mode. currently i'm stuck in recovery. already tried tiny umbrella and ireb. Any suggestions?

ok my iphone is stuck in a recovery loop right now. i tried kicking it out with tiny umbrella, ireb and irecovery. so i just thaught restoring it would do the trick. yet i get error 40.

many said that it was a sn0wbreeze hacktivation error. so you should download sn0wbreeze 2.0.2, which i did and create a custom iswp. then put your iPhone in dfu mode and restore with iTunes. i did these steps but i get error 1601 while restoring. i know its not the usb nor the wire because i tried it on another iPhone and it worked. also when i try restoring with a different ios it starts the process then gives me the error 40 again.

Edited by: jerry ( )

Error 40 how do i fix it please help

mark,

2

Deano
407

What are you trying to achieve? An update of your IOS, a restore, or an unlock?

Error 40 indicates a "Hacktivation" bug in an early Sn0wbreeze release version 2.0.1. If yes then it was fixed in 2.0.2.

If you are attempting to restore, have you tried using iReb, either as a standalone app or within Sn0wbreeze or Redsn0w to put your phone into a Pwned state for itunes?

Direct link to iReb r5 (New Version)

http://downloads.ih8sn0w.com/iREB-r5.zip

Have you made changes to your HOSTS file? If yes, did you make it "Read Only" after change?

Let Tiny Umbrella put your phone into Recovery mode instead of DFU. It will display this on screen.

I hope this gives you some direction.

Or have a look at this link for future iTunes error solutions. It is a more concise source for the "TRUE" meaning of all iTunes errors.

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?...

Just update your phone to the latest IOS 5.0.1 now before apple release 5.1. Jailbreaking has been solved for all iPhones and iPads.

Good you have made progress, don't give up now. Error 1601 is caused when iTunes recognizes a customised IPSW file. So what you need to perform first is while your phone is in DFU mode and connected to your PC run iREB-r4

Download from here

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55495998/iREB-r4...

once run press the corresponding button for your phone. So you would press 3G,

and then iREB will put your phone into a PWNED state. You should see the same screens as in my screenshots below. The only difference is that I was using my iPhone 4 and you have a 3G.

This will make "decieve" iTunes into allowing the installation of a modified IPSW.

If iTunes throws the same error, then run iREB again.

Good luck.

Edited by: Deano ( )

0

musicguy294
1

I have a 3GS and i tried restoring, but i always get error 40. iPhoneWiki database is out of date for error 40. Some one help!

~musicguy294

Did you try the above answer?

Same problem here.

Wijngaard,

yep 3Gs is not meant for iPhone 5.1.1. Crash-city since I upgraded.

Drake Patton,

0

Vinicius
1

Por favor me ajudem , não restaura de jeito nenhum da erro 40 ;

O que eu faço ?

0

Drake Patton
1

Desculpe-me, mas técnico da Apple disseram-me que o 3GS não se destina a pega 5.1.1 upgrade. Também OI6 upgrade, você deve aguardar dois meses. Meu amigo que trabalha na Apple disse-me isto. Erro 40: 3GS está tendo problemas com 5.1.1 software

Desculpe para o português ruim.

0

danny
1

smash it on floor realy hard worked 4 me felt much better