0

maria1519
23

forgot restriction passcode on Ipad

forgot restriction passcode on Ipad generation 1.

I placed a passcode on my daughters Ipad and after 13 attempts I've resorted to that I am a bimbo or I have a brain anomaly. I don't want to delete anything just get back to restrictions and figure out how SHE STILL can get &$^% on this thing.

thanks everyone

Love the internet for teens shoot me now

Maria

My daughter (teenager) is looking at %!^# so I was trying to block it under "restrictions" with a password, that is the password I've forgotten, not the master password.thanks Maria

maria1519,

Sorry, there is no way other than the answer I gave previously."You will have to restore the iPad. Here comes even worse news, if you have not backed up your iPad in iTunes since you put the passcode on, you can restore from backup. But, if the password is in your backup, then you'll have to restore your iPad from new. this is for the restriction password.

2

maria1519, unfortunately there is no way around the passcode. You will have to restore the iPad. Here comes even worse news, if you have not backed up your iPad in iTunes since you put the passcode on, you can restore from backup. But, if the password is in your backup, then you'll have to restore your iPad from new. Hope this helps, at least to clarify.

UPDATE

Maria, just did a bit more research to properly answer you. Yes, the above is correct for the restriction password. "You can not use Restore from Backup to reset the passcode. That just loads it back in. You have to do a straight restore, and manually put your stuff back on the iPad.

iTunes will recognize and let you re-download your music, apps, iBooks, and most TV shows. Movies and music videos will have to be paid for again. You can see your purchased items by choosing the Purchased tab in the appropriate store app on the iPad, or selecting Purchased from the right column in iTunes on the computer.

You should be able to right click on the iPad and choose Transfer Purchases before doing the restore. This should copy all iStore content t the iPad, including Movies and Music Videos. You can re-sync them after the restore. Syncing will not restore the password, so it is safe to do. However, only sync your device after you've made sure that you have your content either in iTunes on the computer, or somewhere else.

Don't forget things like pictures that are not already on the computer, documents in other apps, and PDFs in iBooks. Most of the time these things can be mailed to yourself." from here.

Let me clarify for a moment. This is not the master password, this is under settings-restrictions. Does the same apply? While you're here, is there a way to stop the ^#@$? Or does it just morph in the middle of the night? thanks so much for your input!!:)) Maria

maria1519,

Maria, I update my answer to further clarify. Yes, it is for the restriction password. Sorry, not to sure what you are referring to "is there a way to stop the ^#@$" I am sure we can figure it out, if I know what to stop. Sorry sometimes I am a bit dense :-)

1

cns
295

Relax...have a beverage. Think about it abit.

Sometimes I find that I remember the password if I

get in the same surroundings where I set the password originally.

Most of all, take the time to dream up a really good supersecret

password and write it down in your password keeper and forever

end events like this one.

0

Dan

I know this is on the late side of things here:

Have you gone to the genius bar at an Apple Store? They may have a trick or two up their sleeve. At least give them a visit before you do anything.

Edited by: Dan ( )

0

Naveen
1

Ok This is how I did it. I have Wifi and my Ipad is JailBroken. This voids your warranty. So Backup everything before jailbreaking it. So you can restore it. There are plenty of guides to jailbreak an Ipad.

Once you have a Jailbroken Ipad, you will see cydia on it. Need to Install OpenSSH and also SBSettings (free) on your ipad. Once these are installed if you have a wifi enabled windows computer, you can proceed.

On you windows computer download and install WinSCP (also free). Make sure Ipad and Windows are on and connected to same network using wifi.

On the Ipad slide your finger across the time the SBSettings dropdown will show up. WIfi and SSH button should be green if red press it so it turns green - on.

Next make sure there is a wi-fi ip address. you will need this.

On your windows machine start winscp.

WinSCP Login screen will show up.

For Host name enter the wi-fi ip address of your Ipad - usually similar to 192.168.0.102

User name usually root, Password usually alpine.

Skip Private key file - leave it empty

File protocol drop down list select SCP. Cick Login.

It will take 1-2 minutes. says searching for Host. Asks do you want connect. Click Yes.

You are connected to your Ipad.

On the right side panel click the drop down list select root folder.

double click these folders one by one. Var then mobile then Library then Preferences. In this folder search for com.apple.springboard.plist

Select it and delete it.

Now Poweroff and Restart your Ipad. Close WinSCP. It will ask do you want to terminate session. Click Yes.

When your Ipad restarts Restrictions will be disabled. However whatever restrictions you had will still be in effect. So just Enable restrictions type a simple code you can remember.

Make the necessary changes then disable restrictions.

This 100% works. Will not affect the data on your ipad but it may change some apps to default settings.

I also recommend keeping SSH off on your ipad or removing OpenSSH from Cydia. Just because if SSH is on someone on the same wi-fi network could hack in to it.

Please use at your own risk deleting the wrong file could really mess up your Ipad. The Apple store won't help with a jailbroken Ipad.

Edited by: Naveen ( )

0

Kacper
1

You will need a program called Elcomsoft Phone Password Breaker.

Then make a password protected backup in iTunes.

Now open the password breaker, click on File->Apple->Keychain Explorer, choose your backup and enter your password.

The program may not answer but be patient. After a while a popup will show. Click on Export when it does and save the file.

Now the last part:

Open the Exported file with Notepad or any text editing program.

Now search for ParentalControls

It will look something like this:

<item>

<Name>ParentalControls (user)</Name>

<Service>ParentalControls</Service>

<Account>user</Account>

<Data>YOUR PASSWORD IS HERE</Data>

I have tested this on a 5.1.1 backup but it should work on other versions too

0

adam
1

i think old turkey03 is right the only way is to restore your ipad

i love boobies

0

Lachata
1

If you encrypt an iPad backup on iTunes and then forget your password, you will not be able to restore from backup and your data will be unrecoverable. If you forget the password, you can continue to back up and use the device, however you will not be able to restore the encrypted backup to any device without the password. You do not need to enter the password for your backup each time you back up or sync.

If you cannot remember the password and want to start again, you can use a SmartKey iTunes Backup Password Recovery to unlock iTunes backup password at first.

0

Mar
1

Help,!! I need to reset restriction password!!on my ipad! Apple needs to Quit making it so hard, its not rocket science! I called tacoma store 3 times to get help. Manager /supervisor bambii was very very rude! Apple needs to fix this! I have been on hold for over 2hours for tech support... It originally told me 25 minutes....the store does not care and refused to pass on a request for a suggestion to fix this problem! With resetting restriction password in a more timely manner. She got mad and tried to assign blame and told me i was yelling, no i just had to talk loud enough over your tech support hold music... Which by the way is somewhat annoying... The same Johnny cash song came around more than 4 times! I was on another phone for over 30 minutes with store clerk and supposedly supervisor! You have to fix this! Then they give the very worst suggestion ever....Coming to your store .... Why your customer service can handle phone calls? Coming to yur store every time there is a question is so so stupid! And a waste of time, i have a family, i did not buy this iPad to waste time driving long distance repetitively to your store! I have a better use of my time! Fix this!!!!!! U have to give us some security questions to reset the restriction password! quickly ! instead of wasting a half a day trying to fix with your tech support! You get a bif f today, ipad not worth money u r charging if u can not solve simple problems. I have this issue with my sons phone and a 15 min call n its fixed! So u wasted 1500%of my time....Bad Bad Customer Service! I will post this on every web site i can and send a letter to yur office! U suck big time today!

This Month: 1,839