0

JS Yi
1

iFixit 9.5 mm Optical Bay enclosure Missing Mount Points for Unibody?

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

I have one of the iFixit 9.5 mm Optical Bay enclosures Unibody Laptop Dual Drive that I am trying to install with a second hard drive in my early 2011 15" Unibody Macbook Pro. However, I noticed that it is missing the mounting points. Out of the 3 mounting points, one of them can be removed from the stock Superdrive but two of them---the ones positioned along the edge of the case---seem to be a part of the actual drive and not a removable bracket (they are part of the top of the superdrive with a window into the motor spindle and the edges of this top piece are taped).

I do not feel comfortable having the enclosure mounted at just one point. Is the enclosure I received defective or not the correct one?

Edited by: iRobot ( )

Unibody Laptop Dual Drive

Add a hard drive to your laptop by replacing the optical drive with a second hard drive. Compatible with all Unibody MacBooks and Unibody MacBook Pros (excluding MacBook Pro Retina). 9.5 mm Internal SATA Optical Bay for SATA Hard Drives. — 50+ available at 39.95 each.