0

Shashin Manandhar
11

Sony A200 SD card slot reader pin bend

I have a sony a200 dslr camera, when I tried to insert the sd card in the sd slot of the camera, one of the pin got bent and I can see it so that the sd card reader is not working right now. How can I fix it?

Thanks,

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( ) , Shashin Manandhar ( ) , David Hodson ( )

1

David Hodson

If you can see the bent pin you might try a mechanical pencil with no lead in it to use as a prying tool to bend it back into shape. That may or may not work; I've never tried it myself.

You may also replace the card reader if you are fairly familiar with taking apart electronics. There is someone on Ebay selling the card reader for a Sony A200. Cameras are extremely sensitive devices, though, so I would highly recommend taking out the battery first (as with all electronics repairs) and using an anti-static mat or wrist band and ESD safe screwdrivers.

Be sure to take lots of pictures if you decide to repair the camera so that you can create a repair guide!

Anti-Static Mat

Ground yourself and your work surface to prevent damage from electrostatic discharge (ESD). Various sizes to fit any work station: 12" x 20", 20" x 24", 24" x 48". Be ESD-safe! — 50+ available at 24.95 each.

Anti-Static Wrist Strap

Helps protect your electronics from accidental electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage during repairs. Ground yourself while working on sensitive electronics to prevent static charge build-up. Custom manufactured by iFixit for "American" sized wrists. Most a — 50+ available at 7.95 each.

Thank you David, I will try that, I really appreciate your help. Thanks,

Shashin Manandhar,