0

Mark
1

Why can't I unscrew my battery connector?

Hi all, I have begun to repair iPhones for friends and family in hope of starting a business. I have absolutely no problem thanks to ifixit's helpful guides. I can always get the back cover of the phone off fine, as well as other phillips head screws inside the phone, but the one and only screw I cannot get off is the screw on the battery connector. Does anyone else have these problems? I have bought 5 phillips head #00 from multiple websites ( not iFixit yet because I am so reluctant to waste money on another screwdriver). I have tested the screwdrivers on two different iPhones, but it never works on the battery connector screw, but is fine on all the others. Any help please?

Mark, I am having the same problem. I ordered a screen fix kit which included two screw drivers. One of them was for removing the back cover and the other one was supposed to be for the rest of the screws but I can only remove One screw on the battery connector. The other screw doesn't fit the screwdriver I have. If you found the answer to your questions, please share and let me know!

Mason Kim,

2

Daniel Lesenne
25

Had simular problems. If the bit is too small, it spins without catching the screw. Same with too big, doesn't catch neither by floating on top. I needed a perfect match.

Small screwdrivers are like zebra's, they look all the same but are quite different. Hope this helps.

Daniel

so what did you use? a Phillips #0?

Mark,

Hi Mark, I am not that familiar with Philips screwdrivers. Therefore I always go the brute force: buy several sets until I get the right one. Having the only possible bits (the particular set) + magnifying glass in front of me I believe that the PZ00 did not fit (too small). PH0 or PH00 did the job. BTW: my experience (read: interventions that finished badly) is: do not insist when bit does not engage instantaniously. Good luck Daniel PS: the set that did it only contains: PZ0 - PZ00 - PH0 - PH00 : one of them fits

Daniel Lesenne,

1

iwillfix

hi mark!

here we use ph00 screwdrivers, you have got some difference between them.

i got a ph00 - 35 and a ph00 - 50

not sure but think the 35 and 50 are the cutting angle they have got.

they both work great with the battery screws, and all the others :-)

have a nice repair

0

Don
1

SnapOn brand (USA) makes a very long lasting Phillips #00 srewdriver. I highly recommend this one as it is small and fits well in hands, I use it for EVERY screw on the iPhone.

Bondhus FELO brand (Germany) makes the second nicest phillips #00 in my opinion, the only difference is it has a longer shaft, which makes it nice for removing the LCD frame screws on the 4 and 4S model iPhones.

Check them out!