0

fleur gaylard
1

Dropped in cup of coffee?

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

just wondering if my iphone 4 can be fixed after being dropped in a cup of coffee? Got very hot about half hour later :(

Edited by: iRobot ( )

It depends on what has been saved. Did you turn it off immediately when it fell there? If yes you have to use drying options on the phone. A bag of rice seems to be a nice solution but there are others as well.

Armald Imeraj,

fleur gaylard, start of by cleaning the iPhone using this guide. It was written for a 3G but will apply to your phone as well. Once cleaned, change the battery and reevaluate.

I prefer dunking biscuits in my coffee, but anyway..oldturkey's advice is probably the best, you need to get all that coffee off the components and rice just isn't the right tool here; it will only get rid of the water not the milk, sugar or coffee particles.

pollytintop,