0

Score

Avatar
Country Computer Service
4k

Asked

Temperature iPod Needs To Cool Down Before You Can Use It

History

I just moved an entire iPod 4g over into a new backplate, added a new power flex, lcd and battery.

I've been getting the message on the screen after power it up, or trying to use it...

Temperature

iPod Needs To Cool Down Before You Can Use It

I just removed the old thermal paste from under the logic board and put on a fresh coat of Arctic Silver, but, still have the same results.

I've also unplugged and let it sit 15 minutes.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( )

Post Answer

3

Score

Avatar
Country Computer Service
4k

Answered

Accepted Answer

PermalinkHistory

For reference, I'll leave this post since I googled the heck out of a solution and couldn't find one, maybe someone will stumble upon this.

Seems the fix was to go back and desolder the battery, clean it up with some flux, and solder it back. The center contact on the battery cable was not making a solid contact.

John, the re-soldering did the trick?

oldturkey03,

yep, it was the center connector on the battery.

Country Computer Service,

Excellent. congratulations on a great fix....

oldturkey03,

@oldturkey03, I think I was a bit too late though. The iPod Home button is unresponsive and on power up goes straight to voice control. I noted this in another thread. I used a 30x loupe and noticed that right above where the center contact on the battery flex looks fried / smells burnt... I think the battery arced and nailed it. A sound reminder to me to put on that Kapton tape across the components above the solder pads. :(

Country Computer Service,

0

Score

Avatar
sugreev
1

Answered

PermalinkHistory

hello my friend fast cheek battery OK be4 am Chang ok

orignal battery ok

sugreev,

Add Your Answer

View Statistics:

Today: 0

This Week: 33

This Month: 79

All Time: 3,456