0

Katie
1

Why won't my iPod Classic turn on with a new battery?

My ipod will not connect to the computer or charge. I had a new battery inserted but it didn't work. When plugged into the power source, the ipod apple flickers on the screen. The ipod will not power up. When i try to reset the device, the screen stops flickering, but starts again as soon as i stop pressing the reset buttons

Edited by: mayer ( )

1

Katie, first thing I would look for is the connection of the battery cable. Make sure that it is inserted all the way and that the clasp is down to lock it. Also, make sure that the connector is still properly on the logic board, it does have a tendency of breaking of the logic board. Once you made sure it is properly inserted, you might want to do the initial charging on an AC adapter,since there is the possibility that it is to discharged to be charged by a USB port. Hope this helps, let us know. Good Luck.