0

ronan
1

My PS3 disc is stuck, how can I get it ejected?

Well, like most, I got the dreaded YLLOD with a disc still inside.

Yes i have seen the help here about the fan cycle. It doesn't work for me—it just goes to yellow. Is there any other way apart from dismantling my PS3?

Edited by: Kyle Wiens ( )

This question was migrated from http://meta.ifixit.com/Answers.

iRobot,

4

jamison
49

If you havent figured it out yet, this is what you do. Turn the main power switch off in the back. Next, hold down the eject button and turn the switch back on. The fan will run high and it will eject your disc. May have to do it a couple of times. Worked on the second try for me.

1

Richdave

If holding the eject button and pressing and HOLDING the power button till the power light is green does not eject the disc, It may be the drive is DUFF or just jammed for some reason.

THIS GUIDE should be your next option.

Pull the drive out and see if there is anything obvious.

PlayStation 3 Yellow Light of Death (YLOD) Fix Kit may also be worth consideration.

Edited by: Richdave ( )

PlayStation 3 Yellow Light of Death (YLOD) Fix Kit

Fix kit for PlayStation 3 (PS3) consoles with the "Yellow Light of Death" (YLoD) failure. Kit includes Arctic Silver Ceramique thermal paste, complete set of replacement thermal pads, ESD-safe spudger, 26 Bit Driver Kit, thermal paste spreader card, and h — 50+ available at 39.95 each.

1

Lisa Powell
13

"If you havent figured it out yet, this is what you do. Turn the main power switch off in the back. Next, hold down the eject button and turn the switch back on. The fan will run high and it will eject your disc. May have to do it a couple of times. Worked on the second try for me."

this worded but now my play station flashes to yellow then red. whats that mean?

1

tstaten55
13

I too had the same problem with a stuck disc I tried all the techniques to remove the disc but I figured with my playstation having the ylod anyways I figured what more damage could I do by removing the blu ray drive and opening it myself be prepared if u decide to attempt this there are about a dozen or so screws holding everything together

1

michael palacis
13

sometimes manual and force eject don't work . I've made my own way of ejecting it . you get 2 discs and force them in to get the 3rd out just make sure bottom one doesnt go in more than top .

its worked every time. don't waste your money.

0

Matias Molinolo
1

You should press both buttons at the same time, you will hear some beeps and hopefully it will spit out the disc.

0

Ramzi
1

I did what you said guy none of them works, i think i have a problem in my ps3 , so here's what i did i pressed eject button then entered edge of new CD game in case there's something not opening while ejecting Process & it's worked."

hey thanks btw (y)

0

Matthew
1

my ps3 has a disc stuck in it and it cant come out

0

gary carter
1

''''The answer from MICHAELPALACIS(below) was absolutely spot on. I removed FOUR DVDS from the machine..................THANK YOU..........''

''

'sometimes manual and force eject don't work . I've made my own way of ejecting it . you get 2 discs and force them in to get the 3rd out just make sure bottom one doesnt go in more than top .

its worked every time. don't waste your money.'

This Month: 1,081