battery will not charge after water damage
So my iPhone 2g got rained on a week ago and it powered back on after i immersed it in rice but not too long afterwards the WiFi went off and turned grey in the settings, and so did the network. The phone lights up when connected to the computer or charger but it is stuck in low battery charging mood and wouldn't even charge or boot. I have taken the phone apart and i noticed that the battery is a little too soft for my liking. My question is how do i know if the battery is damaged? when i press the battery it feels like it melted. Is the battery rock hard when it is not damaged? Also how do i fix the issue of the WiFi and network signal not working. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
It's highly recommended to replace the battery after a water damage. Batteries don't really like being short circuited, it could be dangerous to continue using it. And it's cheap.
If you mean iPhone 1G (the one with aluminum back), you should get a battery like this one : iPhone Gen 1 Replacement Battery
If you mean iPhone 3G (actually the 2nd generation), you should get this battery : iPhone 3G Replacement Battery